Are you looking for financial assistance in order to attend a university in New Zealand? Permit me to inform you that New Zealand is the perfect place for you to go if you want to have an excellent education while also having an incredible time living there. The universities and colleges of New Zealand are consistently ranked in the top 3 percent of all universities and colleges worldwide (as indicated by the QS University World Rankings). If you decide to apply for grants for study abroad in New Zealand, you may even be able to cover the costs of an extravagant way of living there. In this piece, we provide an overview of the most prestigious scholarship opportunities available to students in New Zealand.
Students have the opportunity to conduct their PhD studies in New Zealand thanks to these scholarships for studying abroad in New Zealand. This makes the process of earning a PhD much more manageable and less stressful for students. There are a large number of educational institutions in New Zealand that are willing to work with students who have been granted this scholarship. The recipient of one of these scholarships will have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement. The award is valid for a total of three years and includes a monthly stipend for living expenses, an establishment allowance, a travel allowance, a health insurance allowance, and a book and thesis allowance. Additionally, it pays for the whole cost of tuition.
- Be international students
- Hold an ‘A’ average or equivalent in their studies to date
- Meet the requirements for entry into a research based doctoral degree programme at a New Zealand university
- Provide An Educational Credential Evaluation (ECE) Certificate
- Provide evidence that they have been in contact with the relevant department of their chosen institution and discussed their proposed research, research interests and the availability of appropriate supervision
- Prove English language proficiency
List of international scholarships for universities in New Zealand
Tongarewa scholarships are available through Victoria University of Wellington for international study in New Zealand. They assist students in developing a well-rounded skill set in their academic domains. This is so that University of Wellington can award this grant to deserving students who have a strong extracurricular history. Tongarewa scholars are expected by Victoria University of Wellington to participate in extracurricular activities and serve as advocates for them.
Foreign students who wish to attend Victoria University of Wellington to complete their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees may apply for this New Zealand scholarship for overseas students.
Who is Eligble ?
- If you are applying for your first year for an undergraduate course or are seeking admissions into a postgraduate course.
- You should have already received a letter of acceptance from the university before applying for this scholarship.
- This should be your first time applying and studying at a New Zealand university.
- You must demonstrate academic excellence in your previous studies.
University Of Auckland Doctoral Scholarships
The University of Auckland is the ideal location if you’re a student looking forward to conducting your research and pursuing your doctoral studies in New Zealand. High-achieving applicants who are accepted to the University of Auckland are given doctoral scholarships. The value of these scholarships for international students to study in New Zealand is $28,500 annually, plus mandatory fees and travel insurance. Both domestic and international students who pay the same fees as domestic students are given access to it. The scholarship is available for a 36-month period. Excellent academic records will automatically qualify you for this scholarship when you apply for the PhD program.
The New Zealand Government Scholarships
The goal of the New Zealand government is to create talented professionals who will eventually become valuable contributors to society. Make sure your topic of study fits the needs of your native country as a result when you apply for New Zealand Government scholarships. These study abroad scholarships in New Zealand are available to students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees. Agriculture, catastrophe risk reduction, business sector development, public sector development, and other topics may be covered. Students from the commonwealth nations as well as those from Asia, Africa, the Pacific, Latin America, and the Caribbean are eligible for the award.
Who is Eligble ?
- The candidate must be 18 years or older while applying for these New Zealand scholarships
- There is no upper age limit to apply for this scholarship, however, candidates who are within 40 years of age are preferred.
- You must comply with the terms and conditions of the New Zealand student visa requirements.
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must already choose your field of study and the course. There is no need for you to be enrolled into your course, however, you must meet the basic requirements of the university you are applying to.
- You must also prove your English proficiency by cracking the standardised English proficiency tests
- You must agree to return to your home country for a minimum period of 2 years. Here, you must agree to contribute to your country’s socio-economic development. This is required to meet the requirements of the scholarships for study abroad in New Zealand.
New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships
The New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships are available to Southeast Asian students who want to attend a New Zealand university. With the goal of assisting them in fostering sustainable development in their own nations, the nation provides education to students from the Association of SouthEast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Who is Eligble ?
- You must be 18 years of age when the scholarship commences.
- You should be a citizen of the SouthEast Nations or a permanent resident.
- You must agree to return to your home country for a period of 2 years after the scholarship is completed.
- You must meet the academic and educational requirements of the university or college you are applying to. Only the students who have been granted the scholarship must take English Proficiency Tests (EPTs) if required.
- If you’re applying for a PhD course, you must also look for a supervisor prior to applying for the scholarship.
- If you’re applying for postgraduate courses, you must have relevant work experience. You must be able to explain how your work experience relates to the course you have applied for. You must either have 1 year full-time work experience in a related field or 2 years of part time work experience in a related field.